Advantages of Dental Works
Since its inception in 2002, Dental Works has established itself as Connecticut's Staffing Resource. Our central locale and 50 plus years of experience in the dental community allow us to give each dental office personal attention. The staff at Dental Works has established a rapport with hundreds of dental offices and dental professionals throughout Southern New England. Personally visiting clients gives Dental Works an advantage in evaluating each practice's individual staffing needs, making Dental Works the first choice for staffing.
THE END RESULT: A "Perfect Fit"
Emergencies don’t only happen between 8 AM and 5 PM, so why should your staffing agency only be available during working hours? Dental Works is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to expedite all essential staffing needs.
Qualified, Professional Dental Auxiliaries
Not all candidates pass the approval process to represent Dental Works. We maintain a roster of highly skilled and competent auxiliaries. The following is a list of prior approvals needed to become a member of the Dental Works team:
- Video or face-to-face interview
- Criminal background checks
- Previous employment history verification
- Professional reference verification
- Completion of Federal and State W-4 forms for withholdings
- Verification of licenses and certifications prior to actual hire and annually
- Verifications of individual liability insurance for hygienists and dentists
- Completion of Immunzation Status Form
- Agreement to Needlestick and Sharps Protocol Procedure
- Agreement to Dental Works' Code of Ethics
- Acknowledgment of Dental Works' Employee Handbook
- HIPPA Confidentiality Agreement
- Completion of I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form from the Department of Homeland Security, including verification of original documents. We take an additional step and participate in E-Verify, which confirms that the employee is authorized to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify by clicking here.
Dental Works understands each dental office has individual needs. Our goal is to be flexible enough to meet all your staffing needs, including:
Multiple payroll options:
- Referral Basis - Client assumes payroll responsibilities
- Staffing Basis - Dental Works assumes ALL payroll responsibilities
- Graduated Rates based on auxiliary's years of experience
- Permanent and Temporary Placement
- Full Time and Part Time Staffing
- Temporary to Permanent hire options
- Long Term Coverage
- Medical Leave Coverage
- Maternity Leave Coverage
- Vacation Coverage
- Last Minute Coverage
- Same Day Coverage
Dental Works' Graduated Fee Schedule allows you to choose the rate that works best for your office and budget. Our hourly rates are based on the number of years of experience each auxiliary has accrued. Clients may specify the experience level preferred for their office.
Customized Software Matching
Customized proprietary software gives Dental Works the ability to track and select the best candidate for each office. Requests for specific auxiliaries are honored whenever possible. This software allows Dental Works to fill 92% of all assignment requests within 1 hour and 98% within 24 hours.
Dental Works actively monitors the performance of each of our auxiliaries. Candid feedback from dental practices helps us to maintain our high level of excellence. Auxiliaries who fail to meet Dental Works' standards will be placed on probation and given the opportunity for improvement. Failure to improve will result in termination.
Code of Ethics
Each Dental Works Auxiliary must comply with a Dental Works' code of ethics and professionalism. Failure to observe the terms of the agreement is grounds for dismissal.
Working Interviews allow an employer to evaluate that a potential new hire’s skills and patient care align with their expectations. Currently, working interviews open employers up to many liability issues, not the least of which are tax obligations.
Keep in mind that dental staff cannot be considered “Independent Contractors” because during a working interview, the perspective hire is under the employer’s control. Both the IRS and DOL view the candidate as an employee, no matter how short a period of time he/she works.
Dental Works Clients have the ability to pursue working interviews without any of the negative implications or liabilities. Perspective hires are considered Dental Works employees. Dental Works will assume all payroll responsibilities, including but not limited to: Unemployment claims, liability insurance, worker’s compensation insurance, quarterly taxes and annual federal and state filings, Federal and State Unemployment taxes, Medicare, Social Security, payroll and W-2 forms. Please see the link below for more information regarding working interviews.
There is no limit to what the professionals at Dental Works can do.
D e n t a l S t a f f i n g M a d e E a s y